U3F1ZWV6ZTI2MzQwNTIzODkwODYwX0ZyZWUxNjYxNzg4MDE1ODA1OQ==

PUMPKIN OR MARROW HALVA new recipes

 PUMPKIN OR MARROW HALVA new recipes 

PUMPKIN OR MARROW HALVA

I lb. of pumpkin or firm, mature marrow {weighed after peeling and extract- ing the seeds)

6 oz. brown sugar 

I tablespoonful sultanas I dessertspoonful desiccated coconut

4 - teacupful milk 

2 or 3 oz. butter-fat I tablespoonful sliced almonds

PUMPKIN OR MARROW HALVA new recipes 

teaspoonful crushed cardamom seeds or grated nutmeg

Grate the pumpkin or marrow. Pour the milk into a thick aluminum  frying pan and bring to the boil. Add the grated pumpkin or marrow and boil quickly for 8 to lo minutes, stirring and mashing all the time, at the end of which the mixture should be fairly dry. Add the brown sugar, which will make the mixture very ‘loose’. Continue boiling quickly for another 7 or 8 minutes, then add the well-washed sultanas, desiccated coconut and the finely sliced almonds: mix well and add the butter-fat. Fry on medium heat for 5 or 7 minutes, when the halva should be perfectly dry and of attractive color.

Pour onto a buttered dish, and decorate with crushed cardamom seeds or grated nutmeg.

This halva is also a traditional sweet dish and is very nourishing.

ANDA HALVA EGG HALVA

4 large eggs

3 to 4 oz. set butter-fat I J tablespoonfuls sultanas I teacupful milk

5 oz. sugar

1 tablespoonful desiccated coconut I tablespoonful sliced mixed nuts I to 1 teaspoonful crushed carda^ mom seeds or grated nutmeg

Comments
No comments
Post a Comment

Post a Comment

NameEmailMessage